Mach3

Help for hardware problems

Moderator: Country_Bubba

inventorArtist

Mach3

Post by inventorArtist »

Hey!

Does this work for Mach3?

Do I have to install a probe? Or can I just zero at a corner then punch in values for the other three corners?

Is it a script that inserts ahead of whatever gcode you've generated that uses variables or something to modify the code?

Or do you run a program on your machine to get the coordinates then given that the software edits your g-code?
Country_Bubba

Re: Mach3

Post by Country_Bubba »

Hi,
"Does this work for Mach3?"

Yes

"Do I have to install a probe? Or can I just zero at a corner then punch in values for the other three corners?"

Yes, because it probes in a grid pattern and does not rely simply on the 4 corners.

"Is it a script that inserts ahead of whatever gcode you've generated that uses variables or something to modify the code?

Or do you run a program on your machine to get the coordinates then given that the software edits your g-code?"

The program will generate a gcode program to "map" the surface of the material. It then takes that data to modify the originally generated gcode program to take into account the variation in height across the surface of the material that you probed so the depth of cut will be true to the surface. This was primarily designed for use with printed circuit boards, but can be used for other things like engraving etc where the depth of cut from the surface is important.

Hope this helps,

Art
Country Bubba
Art
Country Bubba