using with stepcraft uc100

Help for setting up and using
unclebuck

using with stepcraft uc100

Post by unclebuck »

Just wanted to check on using this with a stepcraft 840 controlled by a uc100. i don't have a port 15 to select as the tool length probe is on port 10 pin 1 as shown in this link here - http://www.stepcraftsupport.com/faq-ite ... th-sensor/

this is a simple micro-switch for tool length for the z axis.

i don't see any where in the last revision of your software that i can assign a port/pin to the auto leveller software, is this possible in the paid version?

I am looking to test this tomorrow so if the paid version does allow this to be assigned then i will buy this tonight.

on your guide there are two wires coming in one with the 10k pull up resistor on and the gnd to the bit that touches the blank pcb.

i am hoping that by having two wires coming out from the tool length terminals on the uc100 card one to the blank the other to the probe(gnd) that it will function correctly with the modified gcode. that your software creates.

thanks

sim
unclebuck

Re: using with stepcraft uc100

Post by unclebuck »

ah its ok i think i am good with this, i see autoleveller uses G31 for its probe functions, the file thats relative to the tool length probe also uses G31 as shown in this profile for the probe they supply

double Zmin = -100; //Max.Z depth
double Feedrate = 250; //Feedrate for probing
double retractheight = 10; //The retract height
double newZ = 33; //The new Z DRO value after probing

exec.Code("G31 Z" + Zmin + "F" + Feedrate); // Start probing

while(exec.IsMoving()){} // Wait while there is motion

exec.Wait(200); //Safety wait for the UC100 syncronisation

exec.ChangeaxisDROvalue(2, newZ.ToString()); //Change the DRO value
exec.Wait(200); //Safety wait for the UC100 syncronisation

if(!exec.Ismacrostopped()) // If tool change was not interrupted with a stop only then validate new tool number
{ double Zup = exec.GetZmachpos() + retractheight; //Calculate the new coordinate for the retract of Z axis
exec.Code("G00 G53 Z" + Zup); //Retract the Z-axis
while(exec.IsMoving()){} // Wait while there is motion
}

So i can see it uses the G31 code for the probe function to direct the - amount plus the feed rate to start probing.

yours is
G0 set the X axis, with Y and Z being 0
next step is begin probe G31 Z-axis F100 feed rate in my converted gcode

so my UC100 as it is already using G31 for its tool length probe will also accept the generated G31 probe grid that your software adds to the beginning of my gcode.

Its amazing what a shower , cup of tea and something to eat does to clear the mind!!!

will try in morning, if all is good then buy the latest release.
daedelus
Site Admin

Re: using with stepcraft uc100

Post by daedelus »

No problem, You probably wont see many changes in the output gcode between the free and member versions, at least not regarding your issue. So, try the free version first and let us know if there are any problems.
http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/. Software to probe and adjust a GCode file for PCB's or any probe-able surface.

http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/cnc-probe-guide/. A short guide to setting up the probe.

-James