Autoleveller doesn't work with USB 6040

Help for setting up and using
Verloop52

Autoleveller doesn't work with USB 6040

Post by Verloop52 »

I'm using a 6040, 2.2Kw CNC with Mach3 with USB connection. I've tried everything that I can possibly think of:

- Read about the "aircuts with USB mach3" and tried to add those lines
- Became member and downloaded and installed the latest Autoleveller
- Grounded my spindle
- Changed USB cable to high quality

Nothing works.

Before, probing didn't produce any results. The CNC even moved X or Y axis when he was supposed to move Z down for probing. After adding the lines from the aircuts post, it seems he's probing OK. But then starts to cut 2 mm in the air.

I made the decision to invest in a high quality 6040 CNC to be able to make quick PCB prototypes. But it seems Autoleveller is not compatible with Mach3 on a USB connection.

Is that assumption correct?
Verloop52

Re: Autoleveller doesn't work with USB 6040

Post by Verloop52 »

Is there anyone who knows the answer to this question?
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

Based on what I have read (I don't use Mach), it appears that most of the USB controllers do not support probing using the standard G31 Code. I "think" some of the Ethernet ones do, but don't quote me on that either. As I have no personal experience with them, I can only surmise from what I have read.

Maybe is enough of the users can contact the supplier of the USB controller and request implementation of G31, then all could get it to work as intended.
Art
Country Bubba
daedelus
Site Admin

Post by daedelus »

I am not a Mach3 expert either but from previous threads and looking on other forums it seems that not all USB boards support the G31 word, as Art says.

G31 is the word that Mach3 uses to probe, so its essential that it works correctly for levelling.

In the thread you mention (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=349), you will need to write a macro:
Add a macro routine containing "SetVar(2002,getoemdro(802))" to the active macro directory of mach3 and call it M2002.m1s
This gets the correct value from the controller and stores it in 2002.
I cannot guarantee that this will work in your case but here is another thread where it helped: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=350&start=20
http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/. Software to probe and adjust a GCode file for PCB's or any probe-able surface.

http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/cnc-probe-guide/. A short guide to setting up the probe.

-James