no autolevel data is created

Help for setting up and using
Simon

no autolevel data is created

Post by Simon »

Hi,

Just a quick history of what I have been doing these last few days...
btw I'm using a 3020T chinesium cnc with mach3 along with the smoothstepper board. I create my circuits with Circuitmaker and use flatcam to make it into gcode. I've successfully made a board. But the cutting depth is not equal everywhere, hence the autoleveller software.

I tried the free version but mach3 freezes on the first # code it encounters. So I took the risk and upgraded to the AE version since you could create a separate probe file. So far so good. It started probing and made a file with the level data. At first it wouldn't load into autoleveller because the X and Y data weren't exactly the same in all the rows and columns. After resizing the probe area to nice round values and probing again it loaded into autoleveller. And in the probe tab I get a nice graphical view of the different level of my board.

BUT...
now when I hit the autolevel button it creates a gcode file with nothing in it. Well I say nothing but actually it's the code i've attached down below. But there is no data from the actual project. The question is, what am I missing?
I'm fairly new to all this cnc business but I like to think i'm a fast learner so if one of you could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful.

Code: Select all

(This GCode script was designed to adjust the Z height of a CNC machine according)
(to the minute variations in the surface height in order to achieve a better result in the milling/etching process)
(This script is the output of AutoLevellerAE, 0.9.2 Changeset: ...27e60c @ http://autoleveller.co.uk)
(Author: James Hawthorne PhD. File creation date: 27-09-2017 14:11)
(This program and any of its output is licensed under GPLv2 and as such...)
(AutoLevellerAE comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details, see sections 11 and 12 of the GPLv2 @ http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html)

G90 G21 S20000 G17

M0 (Attach probe wires and clips that need attaching)
(Initialize probe routine)
G0 Z25 (Move clear of the board first)
G1 X0 Y0 F600 (Move to bottom left corner)
G0 Z2 (Quick move to probe clearance height)
G31 Z-1 F100 (Probe to a maximum of the specified probe height at the specified feed rate)
G92 Z0 (Touch off Z to 0 once contact is made)
G0 Z2 (Move Z to above the contact point)
G31 Z-1 F50 (Repeat at a more accurate slower rate)
G92 Z0
G0 Z2
M0 (Detach any clips used for probing)
Country_Bubba

Re: no autolevel data is created

Post by Country_Bubba »

Hi,
It would appear from what you have said that you have a proper probing file and therefore assume you have worked around the USB problem with these machines. But did you check to make sure the OGF file was correct to begin with. Among the things you need to check in the OGF is that the Z values are negative. It might be a good idea to post the OGF and Probe file for use to look at and possibly see what is going wrong.
Art
Country Bubba
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hey,

yes, I haven't had any problem with the usb stuff. Probably because the Smoothstepper board is taking care of the usb side to the pc and to the machine it's still a regular parallel port. Anyway, just had to install a few drivers, select the right port pin in mach3 and I was in business.

I'll attach the OGF and probe data, hope it's not too long. It's just a tiny pcb.
layout.nc
the OGF
(83.69 KiB) Downloaded 321 times
level.txt
the probe data
(556 Bytes) Downloaded 329 times
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

Simon,
OK, I loaded your .nc file into AE 092 and it came up and looked normal. I then loaded the RPG file and like you, got a nice graphic of the terrain.
I then clicked on Autolevel and it generated the below listed file. The file generated is the expected one whereas the one you generated looked like it was generating a probe file???

Did you by any chance set some options that may have caused a problem???
ALlayout.nc
(127.33 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Art
Country Bubba
Simon

Post by Simon »

Uhm, well, this is weird...

Just to make sure i've downloaded the AE092 once more.
I'll retrace step by step what i'm doing...

- file -> Original GCode file (OGF) -> Open up my layout.nc (then it asks "change mesh settings base on your OGF, I did both yes and no, since it think it doesn't matter because I already have the probe file)
- File -> Open Raw Probe File (RPF) -> select my level.txt file. Then it jumps to the Probe (RPF) tab (the Mesh tab goes light grey and can't be selected) and shows me the level differences.
Then I click the blue button on the bottom left corner "Autolevel" and it comes up with the file attached below

To my knowledge I didn't change any setting apart from the probe area (X and Y values)

what am I doing wrong? :oops:
ALlayout.nc
(1.11 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Simon

Post by Simon »

I'm sorry,

I meant to say click the button on the bottom RIGHT corner marked "autolevel"
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hey,

just a quick update. I just downloaded the 087 version and plugged the two files in there and got an nc file containing the Z corrections.
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

Simon,
At this point, I am at a loose! I followed the sequence that you stated above, and once again, I came up with the file that I uploaded earlier.
I have also been in contact with James and he has had a similar experience as I.

Pulling at straws, what OS are you using and if windows, the exe or the jar file (there should be no difference), but at this point it is a problem in search of an answer. Two of the three of us are getting a proper answer and we need to find out why your not! As stated, this is a problem and we need to find an answer.
Art
Country Bubba
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hey,
It's me again

I tried it on a different pc with the same result, with a fresh Java install (version 8 update 144).
Both PC's are running Windows 10 pro. I tried both the jar and exe, no difference.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Hey,

are you using the same version as on the website? Mine is called AutolevellerAE-0.9.2_1 (.exe or .jar). Just a thought...

btw: tried it on a third PC, fresh install, same result (all windows based). I'll try it on a linux box next...