Autoleveler on Handibot

Help for setting up and using
dennyfmn

Autoleveler on Handibot

Post by dennyfmn »

We have a Handibot that is in excellent condition. We are considering trying to use it to machine small prototype PCBs.

Does anyone know if Autoleveler can be made to work with it?

Thanks,

Denny
Country_Bubba

Re: Autoleveler on Handibot

Post by Country_Bubba »

dennyfmn,
Welcome aboard and hopefully we can resolve you concerns.

From a quick review of their website, it appears it uses g-code to control the machine, but I cannot find if it has a probe command and if it does, does it log it to a file??

I would suggest that if either of the above conditions are negitive, then it will not be possible to use AutoLever. If you can confirm that both conditions are affirmitive, then we have a go.

Regards,
Country Bubba
Art
Country Bubba
dennyfmn

Post by dennyfmn »

Thanks for your reply, I will start researching the Handibot...
dennyfmn

Post by dennyfmn »

I have posted to the Handibot forum asking if it can probe. So far, there have been no responses.

Would it be possible to record the probe file manually and use the two stage autoleveling? We will be working with fairly small PCBs and recording x,y, and z for 20-30 points would not be all that difficult. What is the format of the probe file?

Also, if it is possible to record the probe file manually and use it for two stage leveling, what output format would I choose for the Handibot machine? I have downloaded and run the free AE version to see what it looks like. The three controller choices are: LinuxCNC, Mach3, and TurboCNC.

Thanks!
dennyfmn

Post by dennyfmn »

Ok, I found the AE Quick Start Guide, so that answers the question about the raw data file format. Good!

Any idea about which controller setting may be most appropriate for the Handibot?

Thanks!
daedelus
Site Admin

Post by daedelus »

Most of the GCode output is standard i.e. G0, G1, G2, G3 etc. and works the same for any controller listed. It is mainly the probing bit which differs between controllers. But since you are using 2-stage levelling, you wont need to probe in the autolevelled file and can use any controller. If your script just uses a bunch of regular G1's G2's etc. then any controller you choose should behave the same. For any lines which are more specific to your machine, you may need to do a quick find and replace using a text editor for those lines.
http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/. Software to probe and adjust a GCode file for PCB's or any probe-able surface.

http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/cnc-probe-guide/. A short guide to setting up the probe.

-James
dennyfmn

Post by dennyfmn »

This is encouraging. Thanks for the explanation. I am looking into writing scripts that run in the Handibot environment to probe the data points.
max

Post by max »

thanks for your reply the above links is helpful
FreddyRindos

Post by FreddyRindos »

Hi...What Autoleveler does is to probe the surface of your stock to "map" the variations in the Z Plane and then apply these deviations to previously generated G-code such that a consistant depth of cut will be applied to the cutting action. The reason for the need to probe might be due to the fixturing of the stock which can cause distortion, or simply do to the manufacturing process that causes variations.

order pcb