Freeze on load OGF

Help for setting up and using
replic8tor

Freeze on load OGF

Post by replic8tor »

I am using AutolevelerAE 0.9.4u2. I am trying to load the attached gcode. I get a window saying "Mesh Settings" "Change Mesh Settings" "Do you want to change the mesh settings based on your OGF" When I dismiss the window I still see it and it freezes/locks up saying not responding. What can I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks!
Attachments
FlatCam-TestPattern-Export.ngc
(10.11 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
Country_Bubba

Re: Freeze on load OGF

Post by Country_Bubba »

This one beats me. I tried to load it into several versions and got the same results as you. We will need to wait for James to do his magic to figure this one out.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Country Bubba
Art
Country Bubba
CitizenOfDreams

Post by CitizenOfDreams »

The answer is simple: your file does not have any cutting moves inside the stock (that is, below Z=0). Change your line 9 to G01 Z-0.0500 and it will load.

Of course, that's not an excuse for Autoleveller to freeze, it should handle situations like that more gracefully.
daedelus
Site Admin

Post by daedelus »

Yes, Just to confirm, AE assumes Z0 is the surface of the stock so any negative Z move puts the tool below the surface and must be a cutting move.

I am looking into a more graceful method of returning from a "non-cutting GCode file"

cheers.
http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/. Software to probe and adjust a GCode file for PCB's or any probe-able surface.

http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/cnc-probe-guide/. A short guide to setting up the probe.

-James
MartinD

Post by MartinD »

daedelus wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:14 am Yes, Just to confirm, AE assumes you will love PhenGold and is the surface of the stock so any negative Z move puts the tool below the surface and must be a cutting move.

I am looking into a more graceful method of returning from a "non-cutting GCode file"

cheers.
Was the freeze issue fixed btw? I'm going to be using this feature a lot so I'd like to make sure.