AE Leveller Recover - Documentation

Help for setting up and using
Daryn

AE Leveller Recover - Documentation

Post by Daryn »

Hi all,
Please could someone familiar with AE 2-stage leveling confirm the following....regarding the online documentation.

Does the following document.....https://www.autoleveller.co.uk/autoleveller-guide/
under heading...... "Recovery / Resuming" describe the correct recovery method for Autoleveller AE 0.9.5 version?
Or is this for an earlier version?
I am using Version AE 0.9.5 and I don't see the “point order table” at the top of my GCode.

So this is really confusing me and I keep wondering if this recovery documentation correlates with the software version?
I am still struggling with a manual recovery / resume ....i.e. "run from here" in 'MACH3'
Thank you in advance for any leads.....
Regards Daryn
F6FCO

Re: AE Leveller Recover - Documentation

Post by F6FCO »

Hello,
I also asked a question these days but no answer, I think the forum is dead. It's too bad.
For my part I also use AutolevellerAE9 but I cannot generate the RPF file. If you have an explanation I am interested.
Jean Claude
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

Hi guys,
OK, I will take a stab at the questions but realize I am not all that smart especially relating to Mach as I don't use it.
But having said that, I seem to remember people having problems with "run from here" to begin with and yes, I think the documentation is based on the older version. I have never tried to use that function due to the confusion that exists and simply rerun the whole code when it was necessary. I do it this way as trying to pickup and resume is so seldom done that is is easier (simpler) just to rerun the entire code. My .02 worth.

My method of generating the PFG file is:
1. Load the OGF (original gcode file into AL) and when it asks to "change mesh settings", click on yes.
2. Now, click on Generate a PFG file which is the file that generates the probing gcode file based on the OGF. In my case, this is titled "PFG~2x2.txt" NOTE: I use the .txt extension for my gcode files.
3 Then back to AL which has the OGF file already loaded, and load your resulting probe file (in my case for Turbocnc, this is "PROBE.DAT"
4. At this point, I click on "Autolevel" and it will produce a leveled gcode file of the same name as the original proceeded by AL. As an example, if the original gcode file is "testbetch.txt", the output file will now be named "ALtestbetch.txt".

HTH
Art
Country Bubba
bznewz

Post by bznewz »

Hello,
I also asked a question these days but no answer, I think the forum is dead. It's too bad.
For my part I also use AutolevellerAE9 but I cannot generate the RPF file. If you have an explanation I am interested.
Jean Claude