Pre-leveled gcode, A Feature Request

Want something added to the software or web-site?
Dragonfly

Re: Pre-leveled gcode, A Feature Request

Post by Dragonfly »

Hi there :)
Just registered on this forum but I suspect we might have met with other people at other places, like CNC Zone. My nickname is the same. There was a thread and a Java script I am using currently. Also over there I have suggested the same idea - having a file with height probed data to accommodate generation of G-code for different tools or in case a tool is broken in which case a new probing cycle is impossible. The approach was very similar, so maybe I've been dicussing with the same author.
If I understand correctly this is already implemented in the latest version but it is not free for download. At this moment even GBP20 is a considerable sum for me but if my assumption is right I'll try to become a 'member'.
Thanks.
Ivan
Country_Bubba

Post by Country_Bubba »

Ivan,
Yes, it works by creating a new file from the generated gcode file. And IF you need to do a tool change etc, there is a routine to do a new touchoff and then "start from here" to pick up and go on. This eliminates the need for a new probe of the board which of course is impossible to do at this point.
Personally, I think it is very worthwhile.

Art
Country Bubba
Art
Country Bubba
Dragonfly

Post by Dragonfly »

Thank you for the reply and the clarification.
I was thinking about writing my own modification of the other Java script but it seems it would be like reinventing the bicycle. :)
pronosof

Post by pronosof »

Thanks for the extensive feedback. I think we are pretty much on the same wavelength as what you describe is pretty much what I was thinking.

I have a few projects and work to do first but I have some ideas on a general restructuring of the website, autoleveller and other software tools which should lead to more frequent updates such as this in the future.
Noha819

Post by Noha819 »

Hi, you can try this one too, multi level gcode leveling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zipZiqnzRZg

Bye