customize Autoleveller with a homemade cnc.

Help for setting up and using
alemori

customize Autoleveller with a homemade cnc.

Post by alemori »

My question is very basic, since I am new to this subject. I currently use CNCjs to run the Gcode on my CNC and I don't see a way to couple it with Autoleveller. All the documentation I found is referred to use Mach3, and the truth is that I could not make it work with the board I have which is a RAMPS 1.4. Can you help me ?
Country_Bubba

Re: customize Autoleveller with a homemade cnc.

Post by Country_Bubba »

OK, I am not familiar with your controller, but looking under the "Controller" drop down menu you have four options at this point.
These are Mach, Linuxcnc, Turbocnc, and Custom.

Linuxcnc uses G38.x for probing
Mach3 uses G32
Turbocnc uses G33

In all three of these cases, the probe results are written to a file.

If your controller can do this, depending on what command your controller uses, you might be able to use one of the above presets to develop your files.

Once you have the probe file, Autoleveler can then be used to produce a modified gcode file to use for your project.

If not, you might be able to setup your conditions under the custom section and provide the necessary information.

HTH
Art
Country Bubba
alemori

Post by alemori »

Hello, thank you very much for your prompt reply. CNCjs uses g38.x, so I tried the code generated for linux, and it seems to work, although it is not the same as the one generated by CNCjs.
Z-Probe
G91
G38.2 Z-10 F20
G90
Set the active WCS Z0
G10 L20 P1 Z10
Retract from the touch plate
G91
G0 Z4
G90
I haven't been able to get it to work yet, but I'm working on testing the code to see if I can compile what is needed. Thank you very much for your help.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
alemori

Post by alemori »

Analyzing the code, I find the following reference that when I try to execute it, it does not correspond to GRBL
#5000=#5422

What does it refer to?
daedelus
Site Admin

Post by daedelus »

Hi, any number preceded by a '#' symbol is a variable in gcode so: #5000=#5422 copies the contents of #5422 to #5000. If you see this, it could be something that Autoleveller inserted (to do some calculations) or it could be something copied from your original gcode file.
If autoleveller inserted it then I am guessing you are not using the RPF approach. See section 5 here:

http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/autolevel ... art-guide/

This will make things a lot easier to diagnose.
http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/. Software to probe and adjust a GCode file for PCB's or any probe-able surface.

http://www.autoleveller.co.uk/cnc-probe-guide/. A short guide to setting up the probe.

-James
alemori

Post by alemori »

Thank you very much for the information, it has been very useful. I am reading the CNCjs documentation so I can attach it to the Autoleveller. I will probably be asking again. Thank you very much